PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai departures/delays
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2004, 04:25
Invictus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANSA,

To be absolutely honest, there is no reason (that I can think of) why such a system should not work. I am sure that there will be those that differ or have other valid opinions and suggestions.

Having said that,

I believe that the shortest route to the solution would be if the regulator allowed the UAE and DXB operations managers to sit down together and work it out. That group should have the autonomy to (if necessary) determine new holds, standard routings, procedures, airspace changes etc……. more importantly, they should be allowed to “trial” some concepts on one of the simulators that we have.

Naturally the regulator has the final say, but let’s be honest here, he has not worked aircraft for a very long time, and he should not be permitted to design, approve and implement any and all procedures that he thinks will work without the active participation, in the formative stages, of the UAE and DXB operations management team.

However, the regulator does not appear to trust anyone but Himself, and therefore, a machine that He approves might be acceptable to him. Thus the first course of action I would take would be a sequencing tool.

Invictus