PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Job cuts AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2004, 17:29
JessTheDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko - I wouldn't suggest that, mate. 'Sources' indicate that the Firm's Plod is snuffling about trying to establish the identities of more controversial posters (I note that one VSO has recently stopped posting), so suggesting that 'unauthorised' contacts with the media could be conducted in such a way is not a good idea.
Agree on the wisdom of leaking being bad news however I believe the "unauthorised contact" even extends to the RAF bod who writes to the press complaining about his or her terms of service. Until recently, it also applied to RAF bod's family or friends, if it was felt that he/she had influenced their views!

Every time there are cutbacks, there is a silence from those in dark blue/green/light blue. This is taken as tacit approval of the direction of HM forces. I popped into work briefly to catch the "bad" news (there's devotion to duty!) and it is probably the case that morale is as low as it ever has been since the cutbacks of the 1930s. We know what happened after those.....

As to the snuffling of the Plods, I believe they have enough on their plate trying to track down certain members of HM Forces posing in uniform (and little else) on more graphic and "adult" websites!!! If little can be done about that, then I can't see what can be done about these posts, which are a useful outlet in these depressing times! "You reckon it was me? Prove it!! Yes, and you'll need a warrant, no I won't accept a summary punishment and my lawyer will obstruct you every step of the way"