PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Young, Frustrated Private Pilot!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2004, 21:59
willow_79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Young, Frustrated Private Pilot!

Hi Everyone!

Please will someone help me!

I'm a frustrated 24 year old Private Pilot, holder of a lifetime ambition of becoming an airline pilot, waiting for the opportunity to fulfill it.

I started to learn to fly when I left school at 16.

I flew my first solo on my 17th birthday and achieved my PPL at 20.

From then on, there was nothing stopping me, so I carried on and did my IMC rating.

After this I decided to attempt going all the way and took a month of work to study for the technical exams for the ATPL at PPSC Bournemouth Airport.

I sat the exams at oxford airport, but unfortunately failed them, missing the mark by 10% on each, later to be told that a month was not long enough to study, so I thought I did well anyway.

After this disappointment, I finally ran out of money and in to a bit of debt after taking out a loan, so therefore could no longer carry on with what I wanted to do, so I turned to sponsorship and have attended various seminars thoughout the country.

Again unfortuantely I have gone away from each of these seminars with disappointment as the acadamic qualifications required are something which I do not have.

I have 9 GCSE's but no A'levels and I get turned down everytime because of it.

I have a total of 103 hours on various aircraft and on the verge of giving up the whole flying game.

All I want to do and have done all my life is become an airline pilot and I don't understand why my acadamic qualifications should effect me getting a sponsorship as this will not effect the way I fly. I'm an excellent pilot and very very motivated.

I look forward to your replies

Thanks