PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Choice Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2004, 21:43
First.officer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Have to say my experience of working for FCA (was AMM when i was there !) was that the people working for them were a great bunch of guys and gals - flight deck, cabin crew GOC's, engineers, crewing etc. etc. (apologies if i missed anyone out !). As noted earlier in this posting, they do work you hard (i suspect this is true of all charter operators) during the summer months, and yes, like everyone does at some point or another, you start to get a little tired and testy after the umpteenth night flight/early/late etc. but the winter months (well, for me anyway) make up for the summer slog - sometime nearly two/three weeks + off in a row if your not called out from a SBY. I have to admit that i personally think that the emphasis on the retail side of the operation is being
heavily pushed and the safety aspect the old AMM was known for is taking a second place (i'm not suggesting safety is being undermined you understand, not going down that route !) which i feel is the wrong way around, but hey, increased revenue = better job prospects i guess !!. In summary, if you like lots of time off in the winter and working hard in the summer, you won't find a better bunch of people than those at FCA ! (Chris Browne, the cheque should be made payable to.....).