PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA/JAA Aviation Medical & related issues
Old 20th Jul 2004, 21:00
Blinkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilot16,
As your probably aware from my high post count in the medical forum I have had trouble getting a class 1, althought for a different reason (colour vision) I'm pretty sure that once I get it sorted colourvision shouldn't be a problem again as once you have passed thats it. Unless the airlines hold it in a poor light, hopefully they will accept a class 1.

I know what you mean about worrying about losing your medical. You just have to decide if you want to take the risk. My vision has to be corrected, but it falls well within the limts, I've got 6/4 with both eyes and 6/5 seperatly with -1.75 and -2.25. It could get worse, I don't know. It just one of the many things that *could* happen.

Anything could happen in your career, and we can't just go second guessing all the bad things. If we did then we would never leave the house (and we'd see the house as a very dangerous place!) Your the only one who can tell yourself what flying means to you. Personally I would do anything for it, just because I love it.

Do you have a stable presciption for your glasses? How old are you? Talk to your optician and I'm sure they will help you as much as you can.

Good luck!