PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2004, 20:59
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Cessna I Plate - thanks for your post !

With regards to groundschool - I am not actually receiving any tuition - I am going through the books myself and using the confuser to brush up before the exam. I actually bought a pack which had everything in it which I needed about 4 months ago, and hoping not to contradict your good advice, they were actually the AFE (Pratt) books!

To be honest I havent seen the Thom ones, so wouldnt be able to give a good comparison, however, so far I have read the Air Law book thoroughly and seemed to get through it OK with no problems. I have just (tonight!) started the nav/met book, which is more complicated and daunting at first, but on the other hand is far, far more interesting and thereofre I am hoping it will sink in better.

As mentioned in HOUR 1, one of my first fears (petty I know) was the size of the Tomahawk. I have now developed another concern (not a fear really, but a foreseeable hurdle) that is, the use of the ARC-1 flight computer. I am pretty good with numbers and maths etc, so am hoping to get to grips with this as best as possible. I have a friend in the RAF who has completed NAV training so I am hoping to get some tips from him. Also fellow flyers at the flying school who are good with the device.

I am pretty sure, a few hours down the line form this post, I will be writing the fact that I can now use the ARC-1, at least better than I can now. Please correct me anyone who thinks it takes longer!

Goodnight all,

Lee