PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2004, 19:39
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top idea, and good luck mazzy!
And to help, here's a piece of advice. You will shortly begin to (If you haven't already) the groundschool part of the course. If you have a choice (Some schools prefer one book to another), then go for the Trevor Thom series.

I JUST scraped through Human Performance, which is supposed to be the easiest of the lot. Then I discovered the difference between Thom and the Jeremy Pratt books I was using. Thom has a lot more detail and explains items better. For instance, I am currently reading navigation. A whole chapter of Thom is dedicated to time, very little mention of it in Pratt.

Now Jeremy Pratt is a very well respected aviator, and I am not here to rubbish him, and some people do achieve great success with his books, but from my point of view, Thom wins hands down. Sadly, it now costing me an arm and a leg to buy the remaining Thom books having bought the full AFE series!!

And to answer a previous question, CATS is still going strong at Liverpool, but not with the names that were given.