PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Sweatshop
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2004, 14:12
Ozgrade3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pullock, you have no idea what you're talking about. I work alongside the Jetstar/EGH guys all day everyday. I see how they do things, and get feedback from several former coleagues who now work for EGH. I have no reason do doubt their word. In fact there is about to be a mass exodus to EGH based on the rcomendations from those that have already jumped ship.

"OG3, your job is so much easier that what those poor guys at EGH have t put up with".............mate what planet are you on!!!. To start, at EGH you get a meal allowance, we get docked 30 mins for a meal break even if we have worked right through. Split shifts, some of our guys are at the airport for 12 hrs and only get paid for 6, same daily rate round the clock during the weekday, somewhat higher on the weekend but not much. We have 80+ movements a day, also turn around a 727F, horse corral, bizjet serviceing etc etc. Frequently I finish at 2am and back up at 6.30 am. On top of that we have management that is virtualy at war with the workforce.

Oh and we have to cough up the $50 deposit ourselves for the new ASICS.

Express ground handling is CLUB MED compared with what we put up with.

By the way I am yet to see 2 people do a 717 turn around. But as tey say "never let the facts get in the way of a good story"