PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Town ATC
Thread: Cape Town ATC
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2004, 13:48
Captain Pheremone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Cape ATC'sssssss

Well wouldn't it be nice if we could all get along all the time. I have flown fixed and rotary into and around CT (live in Shark territory) for several years and generally have no complaints and the service I have received has been professional.

It only takes one bad egg!!!!

After +20 years flying I will be the first to admit I don't get it rite,write,wright,right every time. Sorry!!!!

I didn't get it right in atrocious weather (not according to the Wxman???) in a chopper the other day and there by Muizemberg clipped the edge of the CTR by about a mile inside IMC.

As I say, sorry!!!! however after I landed and phoned the tower to talk to the controller(tower) I was smugly informed that it was too late and an incident had already been filed against me.

So be it.

All is fair in love and war and the rule-book. But believe me, at 50' trying to keep the beach in sight in unforecast rain and clouds I don't believe I delayed his 15 000'IFR traffic as much as he led me to believe I did.

Yup that's the rules!!!!! Anyway to the others who are willing to talk first. Good on ya!!!

Keep it safe.