PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers v Loadies (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2004, 07:25
Seaking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

This thread has me cracking up ! It is nice to see that some things never change.
At the end of the day you choose or are directed into what ever trade or branch you or you masters decide. If you have the talent you can move up, across, sideways, whatever.

To perform well in the job there needs to be a team. T he person who makes the tea is equally as important as the person who sits up the front or hand out the socks in the stores. But it is typical of service mentality to view other trades, etc which are not our own as somehow inferior or superior.

No doubt I will get a lashing for this viewpoint but given that I started as an airman washing pots, graduated to a tech position, moved into NCO aircrew and now have the fun of actually doing the driving, i believe that I can safely make the point that it doesn’t matter where you start so long as you enjoy it on the way and don’t hurt anyone on the way. If your happy to be on the ground that’s fine, equally if you are happy in the air that’s great too.

I still enjoy after 20 years in flying, at all levels, getting up, going to work and being paid for my hobby ! might sound a bit daft but that’s the way it is. So to all those who push, pull, brew, drive, write, wash, fix, etc etc many tks.

Remember we all have a job to do, pull together.