PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exam marking
Thread: Exam marking
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2004, 22:35
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently been made aware also that I was given completely incorrect information by staff. I believe this is given to most students. Technically this also invalidates one section of required training for most of the PPLs from OBA when I was there. Not sure if the practice has changed now.

I did a PPL qualifying cross country out there, just in case I wanted to get a JAA PPL when I returned (did not in the end, completed ATPL exams on the strength of my FAA licence completed at a decently-run school some years before). We were told just to get the forms signed off by anyone who was there, just find someone. I found someone working on an aircraft ina hangar in Keystane, as no-one was in teh office. This is because they send people to places where there is rarely anyone manning the frequency to witness the landing and sign students off. This advice is wrong! I am not sure of the exact requirements (LASORS may help), but the CAA takes a very dim view of this.

Talking to other students they seemed to have the same advice given. Therefore I suspect that very few PPL qualifying cross countries from OBA at that time were actually valid. Beware. Go somewhere there is a manned tower or at least a manned G/A station. Otherwise you risk having to redo your QXC on return. That could be expensive!

Luckily for me the CPL qualifier doesn't have to be signed off.