PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mam forum
Thread: mam forum
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2004, 21:08
Bizzi_Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Flying_Sarah747,

Thanks for the post. I guess several times I have read in other threads your postings about life in the UK and you being homesick. But also read how you love your job and your focus is with your dream.

I guess you made me realise as well that the experience of getting a GREEN light go ahead from an airline is the most adrenaline rushed moment I have had. And if only I could bottle this feeling, and remember it when I am eventually flying.

Sadly I see cabin crew and actually know of a few who seem to forget how lucky they really are and also how painful it was to get their wings. The attitude and so forth that makes you wonder why they tried to fly in the first place. I know the job is not easy and is taxing on the body and mind. But I think as you said in your in your post :

".........but it's made me remember how I felt 6 months ago when BA gave me the go ahead. I used to be in the galley, and I'd have to keep looking at my name badge that said"Sarah - Cabin Crew"to believe that it was actually true!

It makes you realise just how lucky and well 'special' you are to be in the job and to do what you have dreamt about.

Well to all the MAM candidates, all the best to those of you who will hopefully get a phone call with some great news today. Just hold out a bit longer and I hope to see you in the sky helping me at the cart flying somewhere over this great brown land we call home. (How tacky did that just sound??, I had to resist deleting, I tell you these happy hormones are making me bounce off the walls..... lol ).

Cheers,

Bizzi_Boi