PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas staff travel...the good, the bad, and the donwright ridiculous
Old 19th Jul 2004, 13:54
Sheep Guts
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like poor Customer Service from the Check-in onwards. Maybe there neeeds to be some information sent to all CS Staff and anyone who comes in contact about basic manners and considerations for ID90 or staff passengers. This is not confined to QANTAS it happens on many other Airlines. No matter how taxing the service industryis, F/As and other Crew must remmember that when working colleagues travel the level or service and helpfullness must remain as Higher standard as possible.
Ofcourse this goes both ways, and Im NOT saying Go Girl you are part of this group. But there is group of ID90 travellers out there, who genuinely believe they deserve more than the average paying passenger in service. This group of people tend to spoil it for the rest of us, by being forcefull and demmanding for certain luxuries. Also sometimes these people have a capacity to be impatient, and anxiuos if their wants arent satisfied immediately.

Possibly Go Girl this Crew had just had an impatient ID90 person on the flight prior to your one. I know that shouldnt matter, but sometimes it can take a taxing effect on one's Customer Relations afterwards.

I have only travelled on ID90 with Air Jamaica "First Class" Kingston to London a few times. But it didnt really effect my service, of which Air Jamaica has a good reputation.

Sheep

P.S.
Making all employees happy, means exactly that. Nothing worse than having that Ive been screwed feeling after a flight. The bit that got me Go Girl was

'Miss GoGirl*, are you aware that catering may not be provided for you on todays flight?'
That really was way out of line. And maybe worth an official complaint. If you got no satisfaction yourself by speaking to the individual who did it. That brings another question, do airlines have a medium for complaint? No why?