PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIAT - The Verdict (aka debate....)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2004, 07:16
paulc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went yesterday (sunday) and it was a good day out.

parking was well organised with little queuing either way although it was a bit disappointing that the public were not admitted until 7.30 as this meant that you only had a short time before the flying display started at 10am. Catering / toilet facilties were good with reasonable prices and few queues.

I thought the flying display was decidely average but was very disappointed that the B1 & B52 were first off with most people still wandering around the static.

Given the size of the airbase it was frustrating to see how close together some of the aircraft were parked esp KC135/E8 etc.

A lot of anticipated stuff did not turn up leading to large gaps in static and a few missing items in flying display. (no Spanish/Swedish) Few aerobatic teams - only the Reds, Finnish and Swiss.

Given it was the 50th anniversary of C130 - a 4 ship flypast with one pass was very poor and with few exotic examples in the static.

Can the organisers put the PA system speaker behind the crowd line as the poles are quite high and intrusive for photograhpy.

The commentary I found irritating and intrusive - facts wrong and failed on several occasions to tell the crowd what was about to take off. As the crowd were along the entire runway length, seeing the hold / departure end was not often possible and so relied upon the PA to keep us informed.

Would I go again ?? - yes but not sure when.