PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid air over Hertfordshire
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2004, 06:36
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAXboy,

A friendly word of advice here, if I may. When, in response to TonyR's post, you write:

Eh? In Britain? With our limited air space and all the regional airports opening up and ERJs and CRJs nipping in and out? I can undertsand that you might want to but...
You can really hardly complain if he gets just a teeny weeny bit annoyed at the tone of it. You didn't imply that you knew nothing about it and wanted it explained - it read, to me at any rate, as a criticism. And, I might add, as a criticism of all of us who fly anywhere in "our limited airspace", not just those flying in the overcrowded South-East.

I agree with TonyR and Aussie Andy, and some others - this is not a big problem in most of the UK. It is in some areas...they're pink on the chart and we call them controlled airspace. And there's a few, like the area of Hertfordshire under discussion and the Manchester Low Level Route, where I think something needs to be done. But a simple, inexpensive, voluntary solution like a dedicated frequency for blind position calls by pilots would do the trick, so why are we complicating matters?