PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FIs (hourly vs salaried vs retainers) Help!
Old 18th Jul 2004, 20:14
orionsbelt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggest something on the lines of the following.

1/ Only the full time Chaps receive pay over and above basic hourly flying rate. Maybe up to £20 per day max, however thay will be expected to do other duties besides flying, Eg A/C hours totals tracking, chasing engineers etc
At my outfit in SE england only the 2 Very senior blokes 3000hrs + and 6000hrs + get this. One younger bloke might get maybe £10 per day as retainer for his full time 5 day week job.

2/ Ratio of 1 full time to 5 part time Inst.

3/ Flight pay is £10 per hr flown, or £10 for 1 hr ground school.
Forget this rubbish talk of £15+ per hour suggest Ldn clubs only

4/ For 2 days work this weekend due to bad wx I have flown 50 mins which is £8 33p. Its does not cover the cost of my petrol.
I have given about 6 hrs pre flight briefing at no cost to the students. On good weekends I can fly up to 10hrs

5/ Only become a FI if you have a great desire to teach and develope other people. Its a very demanding and challenging
occupation and i completly dislike the idea of Inexperienced people doing it as a hours building exercise.
However if you have the right attitude it can be the most fantastic job going, but dont expect to make money and it will cost you mabey £20000 to £30000 to get a CPL/FI(R ) ratings