PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA exams outside JAA country
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2004, 18:14
NACGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billibob, have a read of the regulation again, all I see it that there is a Appendix for FTO's carrying out "Part of the training outside a member state" and that you can only do part of the training on a Integrated course.

By reading the JAR FCL 1 there are some things obvious and plain clear things about JAA Training outside a member state :

1. A FTO can do ATPL theory outside the member state
2. A PPL can be trained for outside a member state.

There are some blurred lines it seems at first glance...

--IR training, a reference is made to the test must be done in a member state only (although there is some new proposed amendment to this issued recently wasnt there?)

--CPL training, yes not clearly mentioned, by I gather its approved training in accordance with this one line:
"FTOs TRAINING FOR PROFESSIONAL LICENCES AND RATINGS Provided that the requirements set out in this Appendix are met, approval may be granted if the approving Authority considers adequate supervision in accordance with JAA procedures to be possible."

--ME training.

--TRTO's, there are a couple of these in the USA and Canada, I see no mention of them at all being able to be approved or not be approved outside of a member state?!

For the record, NAC has students who have completed JAA ATPL theory, and now hold USA trained for JAR CPL's with a converted FAA IR . They are flying professionally in Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, France ( but they had to do a conversion for a number of things). So its not all that bad, I know up at Atlantic/Delta Connection they too have students who have trained out here and flying in other member states such as Italy !

And lastly, the exam center here in the USA is a joint venture Atlantic Flight Training / Delta Connection Academy, Naples Air Center, and ALSO the chopper people at Helicopter Adventures( we cant forget them) .