PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My 'cost effective' training program?!?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2004, 13:26
ikea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 'cost effective' training program?!?

Hey, this could be a bit of a daft post but here is what I propose is the cheapest way of learning up to the ATPL Level,

I hope to get my JAA PPL, Night, Multi Engine Commercial, CFI (multi/instrument) in the USA.

I hope to do my IR in the UK as most IR courses in the US (JAA) require the further cost of converting in the UK. This will also get around the problem of some countries not recognising the IR as it was conducted outsidre a JAR country. I also hope to do my ATPL teory throught disance learning.

This would mean only one return trip to the US (saving on multi return flights, and 6months accommodation whilst I do the ATPL theory).

The only negative thing is that UK IR are mainly done in a simulator (yet it stil costs more than real flying in the USA), but as much FLYING trtaining is done in the US, further saving money.

Can anyone think of any problems I may come accross by doing this? Am i being very naive? Please pick my post to bits-it will help me to sort out any issues/problems I may come accross!