PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ryanair worth it?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2004, 00:04
eijk1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Ryanair worth it?

Recently I was contacted by one of Ryanair´s hiring companies to come down for a simulator assesment. I applied via Ryanair´s online website and did not realize they where recruiting me for contract work. I am not sure what to do now.

My current position is turbo-prop captain with no jet time at all. Therefore I see it as something very important to get my hands on some jettime as soon as possible, for otherwise I might be stuck on turboprops perminently. Not that that is a bad thing, but I would like to get my hands on something else.

The writting on the forum is making me wonder. Is this contract a general improvement to my current position, or should I stick to what I have. Basically I would be giving up a permanent job, as captain, with decent wage, to go on a contract with Ryanair, and invest some 30.000 euros. This would be ok if I do it for some time and then be able to get a job in my home country, at my preferred base.

So I am basically wondering:
Is the contract solid?
Will I really be flying 900 hrs and make the money they say?
Is it true that the intend is to change me to a permanent contract when available?
What about paying taxes and stuff, do I have to sort it out myself?
Are things getting worse or better in Ryanair.

Hope anyone can give me some info on this. I have to make a choice soon.

Thanks