PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2004, 19:38
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome back to the thread Mr Purdey.

The reason that no one has been able to answer your year-old question as to why a serviceable aircraft continued at high speed towards a cloud covered hillside is that no-one knows exactly what went on. In addition, I must point out that it has never been satisfactorily established as to the thickness and range of the cloud/fog - from the Chinook's viewpoint.

The two known facts are that a waypoint change was made, and the aircraft hit the Mull. Everything in between is speculation, best guess or even a wild stab in the dark.

The fact that there was no Cockpit Voice Recorder or Accident Data Recorder surely means that the pilots should be given the benefit of the doubt. There is not, nor has there ever been, absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

I fear we will have the same discussion all over again.

To everyone who has signed the petition - a very big thank you. To those who haven't I would respectfully ask that you give consideration to doing so.

Whilst we await the response from Mr Blair to James Arbuthnot's request for a meeting, I would ask you all to keep the pressure on wherever possible, and to keep this injustice in the public domain.

Updates as and when I get them.
My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook