PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General aviation as a career and hour building in Australia
Old 17th Jul 2004, 10:14
cap71n

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
General aviation as a career and hour building in Australia

*I know this is already in anoher forum but once I posted it I thought maybe I put it in the wrong place.....*

Hi all!
I have heard lots of talk about wannabe pilots and the airlines on this forum, but nothing about those wishing to make a career in general aviation. Am I the only idiot who doesnt want to join the airlines, or are there more of us?
My long term goal is to join the RFDS (have you read their entry requirements - it'll be a while before I get to that standard!!) I am most of the way to a CPL, command multi-engine instrument rating, night VFR rating and will be working on an instructor rating toward the end of the year. I also have passes in all my ATPL subjects.
Early next year I plan on heading to Broome to try my luck - does anyone have any suggestions re getting a job up north? I should have ~ 230 hours by that time.
Maybe I should add - I am female and will be 19 by the time I get there. Will this be a disadvantage?
Or should I try my luck getting an instructing job in the Sydney/Newcastle (hometown) area?
Replies will be appreciated!