PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal action against Naunton Pugh t/a Cape Flying services(Europe)
Old 16th Jul 2004, 11:38
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with some of stallers sentiments. Whilst SY has laboured his point to death, he may well have opened peoples eyes to the shoddy treatment some people may expect at CFS - especially if they don't make the grade first time.
Not saying he is accurate in his description of the school - I've never been. But if it encourages people not to take bad treatment lying down this is good.
Having been at FTC for 6 months, I know only too well the treatment that can be handed out to the weak willed student. It ain't pretty. All too often foreign students are treated as cash cows, stuck a long way from home with 40 000 rand in their pocket. And all too often this is based on an unrealistic sales pitch from an agent based in the students home country. Once said student is in country, it is difficult to change schools, especially if they are new to aviation and have only a limited amount of time off work. So do they go home without trying? Only if they don't mind waiting till next year to learn.
As I have emphasised above this is not aimed at CFS - I don't know them and don't want to having seen this de generate. My point is he has raised awareness of poor practice.

Cheers

SK