PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qr Dec Package
Thread: Qr Dec Package
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2004, 09:23
Hajj Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Few upgrades m4141g,

All the direct hires are taking those jobs from the F/Os that have been here for 3 years and the strong rumour is that some guys are coming direct from 737 at Jet Airways in India direct to the A-330 left seat. Lucky guy ( or did you have a contact to help?)

Now this is starting to not only be a bad thing for the F/Os with the upgrade, now it is wrong towards the A-320 Captains and A-300 Captains that have serve time here also.

When you ask any one in the office about this the answer you get is " everyone will be on the A-330 soon. WHAT IS SOON? well lets see, Soon for 13 years period is 3 years, soon for 100 year period is 10 years, soon for 10 month period is 1 month. What scale are they using you wonder?

I guess it is "who you know" instead of the "what you know" these days and it appears that this has all come about with new folks being hired in the offices with friends from other parts of the world that they are helping out. I have nothing against helping your friends out at all, but don't do it at the expense of others that have been here waiting and want to progress.

I am not sure how life works these days and feel that maybe I have looked at Aviation in a wrong way for many a years.

What can we do? Well as always, lets just sit back and watch the events unfold.

HM