PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2004, 02:28
olena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coran, were you told how well you went, or it was just a pass/fail?
Thanks feel free to pm me if you have any Q's about interviews, and good luck with them.

Wizard,

because i did initial aptitude assessment last year- i didn't have to re-sit those. so my process may have been somewhat different and i think they changed some things anyway. last year it was about 2 weeks between initial aptitude and pilot testing.
this year i did pilot testing i think on 28th April and then interviews/medical on 10th may.
I didn't get an invite to FSP, i understand it's a generic letter sent to all applicants for their FSP preferences before their file gets sent off. Have you received any communication at all since your interview? did you provide passport photos on initial application, because otherwise they should have contacted you, at least about changing recruitment office premises (if you're in VIC).
Depending on whether you're applying DEO or ADFA, there are something like 14 FSP course until the end of this year, with 7 to 9 candidates chosen for each. this is from memory, figures may vary.

as i understand, the time will vary depending on how good your score was and how strong the recommendation- i.e. whether you're on the top of the pile at FSP paper selection board or not. if you are, then the next few courses are quite soon; if not- well, keep your fingers/toes crossed that your file floats up to the top somehow.

if you'll have any more inside info, do share!

Surditas,
my psych looked at me more intently i think when asking that Q. my reply was somewhat similar to yours, i.e. i don't particularly have any desire to kill anyone, but blah blah duty, defending my country, rather have active role.. etc. yes, i've held a gun, no i won't faint when i see one. yes i'm aware i may have to fire it.

response to Mum - "they won't send me, i'm a girl" (ha!)

response to self/your Q - i still don't think that there'll be a "real war"- i.e. involving Australia on its own turf and to full capacity, meaning that if i'm in the pilot's seat, most danger i'll be in would be coming from my own incompetence and our allies' ..(i'm not aware of any OZ choppers down in afganistan/iraq) i may be proven wrong, as you were.

wouldn't want to really (be proven wrong, or kill if am) ...

a friend was deployed to afganistan, had a blast. can't say i'm joining for the war though. for me it's a possible price to pay.