Thread: PFA Rally
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2004, 15:08
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Devil

TonyR,
I stand by my last posting. The PFA, in the total absence of any alternative is what we now havr. It is a democratically run organisation and any member can exercise his vote to try to get his or her preferred candidate onto the EC. I do recall you were prominent in the furore last autumn regarding a situation which arose in Northern Ireland and involving an aggrieved aircraft purchaser and the original owner along with his inspector. It led to a totally nugatory and acrimonious slanging match in public that actually achieved sod all except to bring certain individuals into, in my personal opinion as a bored bystander, disrepute.
Please reread my previous post. The PFA whether you personally like it or loath is THE organisation that looks after my interests as the part owner of a home built and cherished sport biplane. It does the same for thousands of others who are indeed the silent majority. I do speak as a person involved with the PFA since 1957 when I learned to fly on Tigers at a PFA co-ownership group. I also belong to several other excellent GA organisations but the PFA is truly my spiritual home.
I doubt if I have altered your views one iota by this posting as evidenced by your incessant hammering on a door that had to be closed last year. Some folk love flying and some politics - I really do not like politicians..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will buy you a beer sometime.
Cheers,
Trapper 69