PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Up "there"?
Thread: Up "there"?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2004, 13:13
opsjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work in the operations department for a uk charter airline. Flight planning, slot management, all the funky stuff to ensure that our flights get away on time (or as good as) minimal disruption to passengers/crew etc... im sure you all know the gen...! Have been fascinated by Aeroplanes since my first ever airshow (Biggin) when i was 8 (hmmm.. 20 years past) and the Vulcan was simply amazing! I have enjoyed gliding with the air training corps, went off to college to study engineering (never thought about piloting when i was young) hey, was even lucky enough to a 45 hour PPL course (C152) for my 21st Birthday.... thought about a career flying but after chats with the CAA i wasnt able to get a class 1 medical cos of my eyes so i kind of lost interest in the PPL flying too (didnt seem to be much point if i couldnt progress to the commercial side of things). So here i am in ops! Meeting pilots/cabin crew, getting involved in day to day running of things, as many fam flights as i want (the cockpit was exciting when i first started, now i prefer to sit down the back and talk to the cabin crew.... with a quick visit up front for take off/landing!!)
And i get to 'spot' as many planes as i want!! life is good!!
OJ