PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New helicopter sim in Australia
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2004, 12:10
NASUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to note Vetskone's message above that Simflight is not Australian?? Actually Simflight is an Australian company and just like Geosim it imports the technology from OS and packages it here.

I flew the Geosim trainer when it was shown at the recent HAA conference on the coast and noticed that the radio stack was actually from Elite (I know because the name written on the stack, www.flyelite.ch) Switzerland (the compny that supplies Simflight), controls from US company Flight-link (I know because the name was written on it, www.flightlink.com) and software from US company Microsoft, packaged in an old H300 shell done up....so in essence no more Australian than Simflight! Actually when I spoke to the guy from Simflight he was very much involved in the development of the helo sim.

It is interesting to note that Geosim quote as saying they are the first in the world to get accreditation with FS2004, yet if you check the web a US company (www.Flyit.com ...I found it easily surfing the net) have done it years ago and the Geosim trainer looks like a bit of a copy!!!!

So when they wrote their PR media release...well...they added some good old salesmanship into it.

Not that I have any leanings but lets make it a level playing field. Really the difference between the two companies is that it comes down to "you get what you pay for". The Geosim is OK for basic IFR training and the other for more advanced systems integration and multi-crew operations.

Last edited by NASUS; 16th Jul 2004 at 01:42.