PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building (General & UK)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2004, 12:04
bigjarv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx to everyone for all the hints and advice and experiences! It's all super helpful.

My reason for chosing a complex single is for the experience and preperation as I will be coing my CPL and IR in something with a wobbly prop and wheels that go up n down. I'm also keen to have the longer legs of a complex. It will make doing slightly more adventurous trips of decent lengths possible and hopefully put me in some testing scenarios and conditions. That might make an impression on the captain sitting next to me (if that far off day ever arrives!!!). Plus I can see my self heading down to the south of France or Italy or Spain and that just sounds like a lot of fun!!

No Sponsor! I think you can do better than the rates you mentioned. Have a look in the back of Flyer Magazine. There are plenty at £50 per hour wet and about £60 per month fixed cost. Amazingly cheap in my opinion and certainly worth a small gamble! By jove I think I'm gonna do it!! Just talked my self into it!!!! Or has anyone got a horror story!!