PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building (General & UK)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2004, 09:47
bigjarv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx 2close! Good advice! I have looked into most of those variables. Apparently 10 is about the right number of members for a share plane in order to get about 100 hours per year and keep the costs low. The cost per share equates to roughly what the plane is worth, bearing in mind I wanted to go for a complex single. The hourly charge is cheaper than going to America or South Africa for a similar aeroplane type. The monthly charge isn't too extreme at £70 per month. The group meets once every couple of months and the maintenance can be checked through the minutes taken from the meetings. Low hours on the engine and recently overhauled etc. Availability is good during the week which suits me and having looked at the internet booking system they use a number of people simply don't use it!!

The private C of A also allows me to do training with an instructor on my shared plane which is plenty cheaper than doing it on a school plane. Good for all those IMC and night ratings!

As you say Parris50, the only real gamble is being able to see it again but I've been reasonably reliably informed that 2 months will usually see off a share provided it is the right time of year (ealy to mid summer).

Still seems a good option at the moment!! Treading with caution thou!!! Any other considerations.