PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2004, 09:11
Bizpax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lodown is remarkably sanguine

Well Lodown, in the cold light of day out of the influence of several glasses of shiraz, I agree my posting was a bit strong in tone. However, anyone who has been personally responsible for a decade of wastage of public funds, improper influence of public office holders, misleading of Cabinet, misinformation and ignorance of all sorts, mindless ideological pursuit of union members, preposterously dangerous regulatory changes ( a number of which are still in place and which still the regulator has not abandoned), personal threats to a number of individuals, destruction of trust and confidence within the industry and breathtaking arrogance - is still in my books evil or at best got some screws loose. All of which has been revealed in the parallel thread to this one. Don't ask me -I'm just a passenger that spends too many hours in the arse-end of aluminium tubes and takes an interest in aviation safety. Your fellow industry professionals seem to be largely of the same view, reading this and other threads.

If airspace reform was depoliticised, handed over to expert airspace designers and handled by experts in proper public processes, all this need never have happened. What a damn shame no one can finally pull the plug and give the Minister a way out.