PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PFA Rally
Thread: PFA Rally
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2004, 13:41
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Disappointed. I didn't miss the tat stalls that much but they did leave a big gap. My passenger paid 25 quid to get in and he was a bit cheesed off but the offer of 20% off the joining fee made it seem a little better. He had been expecting to join at the Rally like I had a number of years ago.

A few sugestions:

Can't there be reasonable rates for people participating in an aerojumble marquee?

As other people have mentioned, how about an hour's worth of airshow. There must be suitably qualified members who can provide this at cost?

A static park with the Kemble based aircraft in it would have been very interesting to see even if they were penned off to prevent general access.

Don't go down the classic British route of "we're losing money, let's raise costs." I appreciate that the PFA (and the Rally) needs to make a profit. I don't think charging people 25 quid to get in is going to encourage them a) to come back next year or b) to join the PFA. Better to try to improve the service and make themselves into an organisation that the average GA pilot wants to join.

All in all, if I had remembered that Flying Legends was on (it'd been a hectic week) I'd have gone there instead.

PS shortstripper you do need to be a member to own a PFA aeroplane. Well you dd when I had a Cub.