PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PFA Rally
Thread: PFA Rally
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2004, 12:23
EastMids

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To land at an event with so many things to see and learn from and pay just £25 is something that I am looking forward to.

And good for you... But it isn't £25 - by the time I've loaded two or even three marginally interested passengers into the club's PA-28, its £100. That's another hour's flying. And what do I get for my £100? I'm at Kemble for maybe three hours (club probably won't let me have the a/c for longer on a weekend), I get parked on the north side, spend a while walking to the bus, wait for the bus to the south side, spend an hour or so walking around tat stalls and buying overly-expensive burgers, see a few aircraft (but no airshow, which doesn't really help with the marginally interested passengers), go back to the north side on the bus when it shows up, and fly home again.

So instead of going to what i regarded as the over-priced PFA rally, we went to Sleap (slightly shorter flight), paid £8 to land, had a nice lunch in their bar, chatted a bit, and then flew home again - good time was had by all. Total cost around half of going to the PFA.

Sorry, I'm not mean, but the PFA are going to have to look seriously at what they charge the very people who make the event what it is - those who fly in - before I go again, and I've been going to the rally for a number of years. I heard that the rally made a loss last year - well, the solution isn't to put up the prices to the point where you put even more customers off.

Andy