PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Im read to leave and get a job
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2004, 02:08
grrowler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FK,

If I was you I would take on board tinstaafl's advise, along with a lot of other good advise you can get from here and from others who've "been there, done that". If you get offended by little comments like that (not sure how it was offensive??) you're gonna struggle in GA.

Trust me, little things like writing frozen ATPL can make a difference. If you are keen for some advise;

A 2 page resume is heaps. As mentioned, try to think of quals or skills you might have that are relevant to the job. They don't care if you played in the school mixed netball team or if you were a prefect in yr 6.

Don't try to hide your hours. They should be the first thing the CP should see when s/he picks up your rez. Again highlight the hours applicable to the job (mostly TT, multi, maybe night, and endorsements for your first job).

Don't try too hard to make your rez stand out. I've seen resumes, for example, with an attached biz card with a photo of the prospective employee dressed in full regalia and standing next to a duchess. It just makes you look like a bit of a w@nka. To make it stand out you need to establish a rapport with the CP or other company pilots.

Anyway they're a few of my suggestions.

Good luck