PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PFA Rally
Thread: PFA Rally
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2004, 23:01
treadigraph
Gnome de PPRuNe

Received 327 Likes on 180 Posts
Errrrr... was there an airshow? If there was on Saturday I didn't notice it... I had hoped Mark Jeffries' Extra would liven things up...

First time I've been in nearly a decade. Originally as a spotter, later as a simple enthusiast of things vintage and homebuilt. Latterly as an appreciative passenger in an Archer. This time round by road with a colleague who wishes to learn to fly and is considering a share in a PFA project. How did he feel? Too polite by far I think....

For me there were few aeroplanes of real interest, weather being the factor. But I saw interesting aeroplanes disappearing over to the north side. Couldn't be bothered to traipse over there in the bus.

So: keep vintage and PFA types on the south side. Reserve North side for overspill Spam Cans (sorry but we've all seen hundreds of PA-28s and C172s).

I recognised a few people: James Black, Martin Robinson and Whirlybird (sorry, I should have come and said hello, but you were in deep conversation!) plus the four women manning the BWPA stand who seemed familiar but none of which Whirly or Aerbabe! And G-KEST's mount. And a flier from the redoubtable Maurice Kirk "special adviser (sic) to the CAA". Sorry G-KEST, but I did enjoy that!

Bloke with Teddies? Why? Radio Whatsit Live Bus? Ditto... There'll be a funfair next...

Raod traffic exiting - appalling! Sort it out please Gloucs Constab.

Will I come next year - if Fish predicts great weather, yes...