PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chuck is back in a Cat!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2004, 22:33
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trumpet_trousers:

Thanks for your concern.

I have not had the time to try and collect what is owed to me as I am involved with two other Cat operators who need training. At the moment I am back in Canada for ten days off, I shall be returning to Amsterdam next wednesday July 21 and then heading over to Seattle on Aug. 07...that is of course plan W or so.

I am rather reluctant to delve to far into the strange circumstances sorrounding the Cat in question.....

However the FAA has been asking questions of us regarding the airworthiness of the Orange Cat when we walked away from any further contact with it.

I can only suggest that based on the questions that the FAA were asking there seems to be some doubt as to the compliance with some airworthiness items and required paper work etc. on said cat when it departed the British Isles......

This I can state as a fact, the airplane was in France with some engine problem. ( I saw it when I drove from Amsterdam to DiJon a few weeks ago. ) and the owner told others that I did not perform a proper engine run up and taxi checks due to my not being qualified to do same...that I have in writing in an e-mail that he sent to another party...who sent it to me.....and of course he also has stated that I did not possess a valid pilot license and should there be any problems with the engines he would consider taking legal action against me.....

So based on all that I am going to just sit and wait and see where all this goes.

This is one of the more bizzare situations that I have ever been involved in...........

By the way anyone know anything about the "qualified" pilot that replaced me having any problem with the air space above North Weald on the first test flight????

Or anyone see the climb profile that the Cat managed with the fuel load it had on departure???

Those are fair questions I believe.

Chuck