PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates tech problems to PER
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2004, 18:54
BOEINGBOY1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disco - Please, for your own sake SHUT UP and stop proving your self to be a full time jerk -
To all other professionals both in the air and on the ground, please be rest assured in that we don't all have the arrogant attitude towards our jobs and our passengers as Disco does.

Sask, you are correct in what you say.

Customers, passengers, SLF, call them what you like, but at the end of the day they do indeed pay my wages.
Piss of the pax = loose the company buisness = cutbacks = poss losing my job.
The majority of people in my company certainly share this attitude. I have always beleived in addressing the pax with respect. This is why, whenever possibile (even when bad news has to be delivered) I address the pax from the cabin - and not hiding behind the microphone on the F/deck. I have done this on many occassions and never shyed away from face to face contact with pax. The news you are delivering is may often still not received with joy, but if only 1 person can see that you are making an effort: then so be it.
Be polite, courtious and deal with the pax with respect (yes many are a pain in the arse, but again they do pay our wages) Basicaly, immagine yourself in there position and think how you would like to be treated and kept informed.