PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates tech problems to PER
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2004, 16:37
DIsco FEver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh a proffesional I see, the PPL has come a long way since I did mine.

Fed up to the back teeth with pillocks and know it alls on PPrune asking about every go-around, tech delay.

And as a Professional Pilot, it is foolish to detail what exactly the problem is,,( see above).

2 reasons, firstly -- would they have a scooby about what you were talking about, and secondly it's better to be honest so to that end, be as general as you can with aircraft technical issues.

SLF can get a bit jumpy when you tell that the Hydraulics, Engines, etc has a problem.Most tend to think that any problem serious enough to ground the aircraft can only be cured after something as major as a C-CHeck.

So that when the Mikanik fixes it after 20 mins ie indication problem there is no mass hysteria.

I have had it happen when some well meaning member of ground staff told pax at the gate what the problem is/was, it did not go down with the pax, quite a few went on another plane as they did not want to get on the "death-trap", cant remeber the exact prob but was bugger all, but the girl caused chaos, bags off, new loadsheet.....more delay.

So as I said get-over it. Most airlines do care about pax(LCC and charter not so sure), doesnt always show, usually not enough staff do deal with these kind of problems, by there very nature they are unpredictable and therefore very difficult to plan for.

In Ek we have disruption plans in place, but they cannot cover every possiblity, but we do cater for pax better than most, and before Arthur Pewtey, annoyed from Basildon, gets on his soap box, even we cant please all of the people all of the time