PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stoush royale coming in Qantas
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2004, 01:11
bombshell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
longjohn

It has nothing to do with being greedy, there is now an integration agreement which includes rules for introduction of a new type and who will fly it under which award. Note that the 767 was introduced before this. As an aside the 737 has also done well to the point that the vast majority of "A" (SH) FOs have their commands. Recent commands have now come from "Q" (LH) FOs as they have run out of suitable "A" FOs.

There are about 30 SH Captains on the A330 flying under the SH award. The trigger has now happened for the A330 to go onto the LH award, this is because it will be doing in excess of 50% international flying in the next 12 months. There are SH pilots who believe this to be unfair, I gather mainly in the rostering area.

If the A330's operation was a majority of domestic flying, then I believe the SH award should be used. If it were mainly international, then the LH award should apply. Thats fair is it not? However some think it is not.

I agree with you with regards going to the commision. It will be a pandora's box where ALL sides will loose.