PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking photos "airside"
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2004, 23:02
Kestrel_909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never knew FAA Regulations applied to a British carrier when in Europe If your going to make up some BS to stop us from photographing then please make up something reasonable.

I was stopped by one guy at BFS for simply walking through the airport with the camera around my neck. Polite, not quite. Insolent? No, not that either. Kinda in between, got his point across and exchanged words, in which he said can't take photos inside the airport, apart from in the viewing gallery which was fine. Only time I've had any questions or instructions thrown at me, no problems at LPL, AGP, or Las Palmas. None of the F/As ever said anything onboard aswell, and I try to be nice and not scare the bejessus out of them with the flash.

Those familar with DUB and the road running parallel to 10/28 and the mound, car park etc, seems fine when you shoot and film from there, but cross the road and stand by the fence someone comes along the road inside the fence and asks you stop, I didn't think they had any power outside the airport fence?

Matters of securty ok, but I guess then the Govt better take down airliners.net and every other site with photos on it on the web.