PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PFA Rally
Thread: PFA Rally
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2004, 19:17
McFunkletrumpet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PFA Rally

Peeking Duck...you are right indeed. Everyone answers the question with their surname. We don't say NAME? we say "pilots first name? or in my case "first name of pilot.?" It isn't a public school mentality you know.
You say the pilots want the facility to join the PFA at the Rally or more specifically at the Booking in tent. I have never been aware of that facility at that point in all the years I've been doing the job.
On a good day we have a rather long peak period with anything up to 20 pilots waiting in a line to book in at any one time . This can go on for nearly 2 hours and is very frustrating for them. Having your passengers by your side swells the numbers at the tent to, I think, an unacceptable level. I would hate to think what turmoil would ensue if we had people trying to fill in Membership application forms, looking for their Visa cards to find the numbers to put on the form and all the other attendant problems of congestion.
If, however a scheme could be devised to have this processed away for the said area I agree it would be an added bonus for us.
Have you anything to say to point us in a sensible direction re this please? Anything constuctive would be appreciated I'm sure.
Please feel free to PM me. Thanks.