PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PFA Rally
Thread: PFA Rally
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2004, 07:30
shortstripper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you believe it!

I was at the AirworldUK stall picking up a package Friday afternoon whilst this fella was asking about a Dzus fastener ... if only I'd known

The approach proceedures actually turned out to work very well. However, sitting at Goodwood trying to make head and tail of them was a nightmare! Far far too complicated for what they needed to be. If I'd been flying a single seat open cockpit type I'd have given up! You'd need a photographic memory because all that paper would be impossible to carry and you can only make so many marks on a map before its over cluttered.

My other niggle was being stuck over on the Northside. It's a shame nobody antisipated the low turnout of aircraft due to weather. If they had they could have parked us all Southside, which would have given better access to pilots and spotters alike. As it was my feet were soaked by the time I walked over for breakfast Saturday morning.

Other than that I had a good time and would definately go again ... but then I do go most years anyway

SS