PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proper Cruise Settings
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2004, 14:11
Flyin'Dutch'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HWD wrote that it was untrue and unfair that I wrote:
The bare basics, if that. Most instructors have barely been outside the circuit or even know how to teach leaning
Anyway that posting has been deleted I now see, however to qualify that statement I wrote:

Statement of fact.

If you got a tenner for every one that at the completion of their PPL syllabus can lean properly and I got a pound for everyone that didn't I would be the richer man.

There are some excellent instructors around from whom we can glean an awful lot and who are pleasant in conveying the message to everyone happy to learn and soak up knowledge.

Unfortunately there are also lots of instructors who do fall in the category of just crunching the numbers, knowing barely more than me and thy guarding their 'knowledge', putting students down if they ask questions and certainly not able/willing to make PPL newbies into competent aviators.

The divide does not always follow the common quoted 'hour builder on the ladder to the airlines/old hand been at it for ages' divide either.

If you are surprised or find the above hard to believe I suggest you just stay around in aviation for a bit longer and report back in a little while. Not everyone wants to become an instructor because they enjoy teaching people.

FD