PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions on what to do now?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2004, 10:48
el dorado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ingo1

Yes, I guess that having dependents does make it a little harder to move about. Having said that, not all employers see it as entirely negative if one has a family because it shows a certain amount of stability. The scourge of all small operators (perhaps all companies, whatever the size) is pilots who know they only want to be there as long as it takes to get a better job.

You'd be surprised at how many companies would be very happy to have pilots who are willing to spend more than a year with them.

In the end communication is everything. It's all been said before I know but if employers and employees talk to each other most problems aren't problems. Most issues can be resolved to mutual satisfaction.

The Islander is a workhorse around the world. When all else fails people go back to the Islander because it's robust and cheap to operate.

I guess I say what I say about the Caribbean because it's what I've been doing for a number of years now and I'm used to it. Maybe if I got a good break in Europe I would very quickly get used to that too but as you know it isn't so easy these days.

The advantage that Europe has is that most companies have decent maintenance facilities which is not always the case on the islands. But it's flying.

Air is air is air.....