PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Im read to leave and get a job
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2004, 19:37
itchybum

Location: Over 250 posts so far. Perhaps I support Pprune by posting regularly.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fly kevin you should look forward to the years in GA. Don't hold your breath like I did for an airline job because unless you head to Europe or get a cadetship with the rat, it won't happen for a few years yet.

Enjoy the GA flying while it lasts because those years will probably hold the most satisfying, hair-raising and even frightening flying in your career. The hours you log in clapped-out lighties will fuel the stories you tell in the pub during layovers in your future jet-job.

Like most, you'll probably look back and think how much more you'd have enjoyed the GA jobs if you'd known your future was assured. So my advice would be... treat your time in GA as though your future jet job is assured.

Take minimum crap and leave the g/f until later. She might get bored following you along on ''the rounds''. On the other hand, having a g/f, especially if she's charming, may help you out when you're mixing as a "wannabe" with the established crowd of GA pilot knobs. It sets you apart from the single baggy-arsed flat-broke new CPLs and could help portray you as being a man of "class".

....just don't leave her alone with them.