PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stoush royale coming in Qantas
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2004, 04:24
pollution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I probably wouldn't be as vitreolic as bonvol, but the reality is that the A330 captains who are now bleating like stuck pigs on seniority are the same ones who voted in the 'b' scale forF/O's transferring from longhaul.

Regardless of your position on the '89 dispute - this is dispicable, and leads me and other 'Q' listers to be less than charatable towards this group.

Another interesting fact is that statittically at present, the A330 has the highest command training failure rate of any of the QF fleets.

All these failures are ex B737 captains employed in the aftermath of 89.

Pilots who have been protected on the B737 up until now - but for the first time are now exposed to the wider QF training system.

None of these individuals have ever done the QF selection process, but have been inherited as a result of the merger.

One individual was so hopeless that not only was he sent back to the B737, he was sent back as an F/O.

The point is this. If I was a 'A' list captain on the A330, I would be gratefull that I have a position on an aircraft massively out of seniority and would shut my mouth.

Idiots like 'Harald' on Qrewroom do nothing but reopen wounds that are best left closed