PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coventry Airport unauthorised development (told you so)
Old 9th Jul 2004, 13:45
bundybear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Coventry Council needs to have their collective heads examined.

Why make it hard for a huge multi-national company to invest millions of pounds in your community!!!

Its an airport, has been for a long time, aeroplanes fly into airports, and they make noise. You wouldn't be able to hear the noise over the sound of all those TUI £'s being shoved into local business's tills if you just let them get on with it.

Granted there are correct procedures for planning/building, but its happened, why not just stand back and let them throw money at you?

I would love to know what the people who elected this council really think about its actions.

How much of this is a council bleating about its bruised ego, and how much is a council looking after the best interests of its electorate.

As for you 2 stroke, " I told you so " , get a life. If you get your way TUI will just go and set up shop somewhere else. IMHO the people who will lose the most if that happens are the people of Coventry.

This ego driven, money wasting , myopic council makes me :yuk