PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Im read to leave and get a job
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2004, 12:24
Fly Kevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Im read to leave and get a job

Hello there all you guys and gals out there !!!

I recently finished all of my training up to ATPL (frozen) standard with 250 tt. I am ready now to leave Sydney and get my first job. I know this topic has been raised quiet a bit lately but I just wanted a little advice of my own if I could.

First of all should I take heaps of stuff like I am moving there or just the bear essentials like head sets, log book, sleeping bag etc and other nececities like that ?

How long should I plan on being away if say I would like to get around 1000 tt on a single and then maybe a job on a twin and maybe get another 1000 hrs on the twin gining me 2000 tt. How long should this approx take to get ?

Should I take my girlfriend with me as she is in a job that can pick up work anywhere in Australia with her qualification?

the last question I guess can be answered differently by all sorts of people, but I will be read to leave in a fortnight. where do you suggest I visit first in search of the infamous first job. then where would you suggest next. I am thinking Broome or Darwin, But wuold love to stay on the east coast,but It doesnt really matter.

Anyway all input would be really appreciated as at the moment i am quiet confused as to how to go about it.

Cheers. Kev.......