PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford APP Students
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2004, 10:09
witchdoctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The jobs help at Oxford extends little beyond regular e-mails detailing spurious contacts with mystery airlines for very small numbers of select students. Most graduates will never receive any direct assistance from Oxford in getting a job, which is why so few bother to let the school know when they have employment, or maintain contact with them afterwards.

The APP has been such a high profile product for OAT that I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is frantic negotiations behind the scenes to get good employment results for the first batch of graduates. Failure to do so would virtually kill off the course overnight as this is the whole premise of the product. I also think this is the second time in less than a year that OAT have advertised this recruitment officer's post (under a different name) in Flight. The first guy who took it left within a matter of months I seem to recall.

The standard of training is good, but as WWW rightly points out it is ridiculously expensive. There is definitely no rush for jobs at the moment, and even if it started tomorrow, it would take over a year I reckon to clear the backlog of qualified pilots looking for that break. As a guide, BA CitiExpress recently advertised jobs available to low hours pilots and have been inundated with applications - they had 1100 in the first week alone.