PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid air over Hertfordshire
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2004, 06:37
bookworm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And I hope I never have to share airspace with those that can't see the point of keeping an active lookout.
God help the day when Bookworm flies through there.
Why bar shaker and boomerangben, you've given me a wonderful idea for managing risk by decreasing traffic density around my flights:

ATTENTION ALL PILOTS: AT 1200Z on SAT 10 JULY, BOOKWORM WILL FLY THE FOLLOWING ROUTE WITHOUT LOOKING OUT ONCE...

Anyone flying up or down the east of the country is going to be going through here. Stansted transits are notorious, but I say that without having yet requested one myself and my comment is based on the reports of others.
So let me get this straight... You've flown through the triangle of death many times, and not once have you even requested a routing that would allow you to avoid the area of high traffic density. Instead you fly through it, in the belief that you will see anything that represents a potential conflict in time to avoid it.

We're not very good at spotting other traffic so we'd better have a plan that's a bit more constructive than 'must try harder next time'.