PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PFA Rally
Thread: PFA Rally
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2004, 20:59
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FD,

One of us is confused. From my reading of the AIC it looks as though for the Sword route - which I assume you're taking - you route to Malmesbury not above 3500ft. In fact, I think all the routes require you to below 3500, 2500, or 2000 ft. Or is it me that's missing something?

I don't like the look of the weather; I'll get up early and check, but I think I'm going to drive in. The combination of showers, low cloud, crosswind, and loads of other traffic sounds like slightly more than I fancy coping with...at least, I think so. God, how I hate these marginal weather go/no go decisions. I almost wish it would forecast real absolute crap, so that the decision was obvious. I'm not sure if I'm being sensible or too cautious. I'd do it in a helicopter because (a) I can land and wait out the weather, and (b) I'm a more experienced rotary pilot and happy to fly in worse conditions. But I don't have a helicopter. And in one of these strange things with non-whirly wings that needs a runway...dunno, still undecided. But I'll be there anyway. Sometimes I think cars are wonderful; you can drive them in any weather conditions...except floods and snow anyway.